I was thrilled to hear that Andy Stanley is returning to the Leadercast Live stage in 2017! A powerful leadership communicator, best-selling author and founder of North Point Ministries, Andy is considered one of the most influential speakers in America. Having heard him for several years, it’s no surprise that Andy is a crowd favorite, dedicated to developing leaders who are fueled by a vision to transform their organizations. Andy’s insightful and uplifting messages inspire tens of thousands of Leadercast attendees each year. If you’ve attended Leadercast, you know what I mean! This year, we’ll hear from Andy about being Powered by Purpose; the recognition that why we do what we do matters. Andy has shared with countless audiences the human need to do work that has meaning both personally and as an organization. In his own organization, he is well-known for his belief that creating a strong, healthy culture can have an amazing impact not just internally, but also on our communities and the lives of those around us.
In Andy’s Leadercast Now video, Being Intentionally “Beyond You,” Andy sets the tone for leadership that is powered by purpose as he talks about intentionally shifting our mindset to invest in others. He says, “if we don’t decide somewhere out there in your time and your investment and your life, [that] it’s got to be ‘beyond you’ and not just about you…then we’ll look back and it will have been all about us instead of all about what we could have done for other people, and with other people.”
Purpose provides us with a bigger, broader picture of why we lead, transform, serve, and invest.
In another video, Purpose, Vision, Mission, Andy says that as leaders, we cannot confuse purpose with vision or mission. While these words are often used interchangeably, they have very unique characteristics and should be considered as distinct elements when building your organization.
Over the years of seeing Andy live and in his Leadercast Now videos, here’s what I’ve learned from Andy about Purpose:
1. Purpose is the why of your organization and it is never accomplished; it is the driving force that organizations use to help make the world a better place.
2. Leaders must function from purpose. Why you do what you do matters more than what you do.
3. People who are intentionally fueled by purpose are free to do what they do best.
4. Leaders who lose their why often lose their motivation and subsequently lose their purpose.
5. Being powered by purpose takes a leader and his/her organization through many changes and challenges, so creating a sustainable pace and healthy culture as you strive toward your goals is essential.
Now might be a good time to ask yourself: How much is purpose powering your leadership? Do you have a clear understanding of your why? Do you feel that you are doing work that matters?
Join Andy at Leadercast Live 2017 as he shares with thousands of leaders how to be powered by purpose. Don’t want to miss the opportunity to hear this powerful leadership expert live!