Leadercast Live Speaker, Molly Fletcher! Inspiring. Motivational. Agent of Purpose-Driven Change.
Even when Molly Fletcher was successfully negotiating more than $500 million in contracts for some of the top athletes and coaches in college and professional sports, she made it a priority to work with people she believes in.
Molly doesn’t just build business—she builds relationships. And because she does work that she believes in—that she feels she was meant to do—she looks forward to every day, every audience, every phone call.
Wouldn’t you love to say the same thing about your work? At Leadercast Live 2017, Molly will share behind-the-negotiation-table stories and drive home key actions that can truly change our day-to-day behaviors and help us live and work with purpose at the core of all we do.
Trailblazing: Molly was one of the first and, for years, the only female sports agents in the world
Molly was one of the first female agents in the competitive sports agency industry, and for years she was one of the only women in the field. She was so successful at developing relationships and negotiating high-stakes terms for her clients, that CNN hailed her as the “female Jerry Maguire.” Molly represented hundreds of top athletes and coaches, including Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz; NFL player-turned broadcaster Joe Theismann; PGA golfer Matt Kuchar; broadcaster Erin Andrews, Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers, and Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo.
In 2010, Molly founded her own company and continued to discover and define her purpose. Today, Molly is a sought-after motivational speaker; consultant to Fortune 500s, and best-selling author of three books and one on the way. The qualities that made Molly an incredible agent also make her an exceptional motivational speaker and a driver of true behavioral change. When she speaks to audiences, Molly is candid, entertaining, and perhaps most importantly, she is uniquely relevant to purpose—whether you are a team member, emerging leader, community organizer, entrepreneur, or seasoned executive.
“My team and I are passionate about inspiring fearless growth,” says Molly, describing the purpose behind The Molly Fletcher Company. “We do this by working with great brands to develop purposeful cultures; inspiring and coaching dream teams, and helping people ‘unlock’ their best selves to achieve their unique definition of success.
“During my two decades as a sports agent, I had the opportunity to work with hundreds of amazing athletes, coaches and broadcasters,” she adds. “There are so many parallels between the challenges and lessons I learned in the sports world and those that we face in the business world. When I founded my own company, my purpose was clear: to inspire game changers in every field.
A Passion for Purpose that’s contagious
It’s hard to miss Molly – she’s tall with a brilliant smile, a never-met-a-stranger personality, and a passion for purpose that is absolutely contagious. Molly is one of those exceptional combinations as an author, coach, consultant, and motivational speaker who not only inspires new ways of looking at the world, she’s also amazing at pinpointing steps we can take to make our lives and our work more meaningful. You’ll see what we mean when Molly takes the stage at Leadercast Live 2017.
An athlete herself—Molly competed on the varsity tennis team all four years at Michigan State University and was captain of the team her last year— Molly felt her purpose early on, working with Intellimedia Sports, Inc., a division of ESPN and the Super Bowl XXVIII Host Committee, prior to joining CSE. As she prepares for to connect with the Leadercast audience of 100,000 people in 20 countries, Molly offers these thoughts about Powered by Purpose:
Molly: I love the Leadercast theme Powered by Purpose because purpose can fuel us to accomplish extraordinary things. When we are anchored in purpose, we can do the things we think cannot be done. To me, purpose is at the heart of fearless living. When we can tap into it, we can multiply our impact.
LC: Why is purpose so important to our lives at work and at home?
Molly: Purpose allows us to show up as our best selves in every aspect of our lives and contribute to something bigger. Purpose is our internal compass that guides our decisions and our journey. When we have a purpose, we have clarity. All the little steps on our journey become much clearer and we know which direction to take. We are able to distinguish between what’s important and what’s not important… between achievement and fulfillment.
LC: What is one action we can take now to help us achieve a life that is Powered by Purpose?
Molly: A few months ago, I attended a personal development retreat where I was challenged to create my own personal mission statement. It was an incredibly powerful exercise. Here’s the guide:
1. Think back to a time where you were your best self:
• What makes you proud of yourself?
• What matters most?
• What are your deepest values?
• What legacy do you want to leave behind?
2. Now look at the actions behind your best self:
• How do you lead when you are your best self?
• How do you think when you are your best self?
• Who are you emotionally, mentally, spiritually and relationally when you are your best self?
• What is your best version of yourself (as a family member, employee, supervisor, friend, parent,
3. And finally, rewrite your script. Ask yourself these important questions:
• What is your old story? (i.e. What have you been telling yourself that limits your best self)?
• What is your new story?(Start this answer with “The Truth Is…)
• What are your new behaviors and rituals that affirm your new story?
“When you have a clear purpose,” Molly sums up, “you have an anchor. It becomes easy to know what to say yes to and what to say no to. My purpose is: To connect, inspire and lead with creative courage and optimism.”
Books by Molly include:
• Molly’s online courses drive personal growth and development for individuals and organizations
A little more about Molly
- Molly is known for her “What ifs” – a series of questions you can ask yourself or your team to help spark conversation around the topic: How would our lives change if we did our What If’s? Check it out at https://mollyfletcher.com/what-if/
- While Molly will be speaking from the stage at Leadercast 2017, last year she was in the audience taking and sharing notes!
- I played tennis at Michigan State University and credit my experience as a student-athlete for instilling so many important habits like discipline, resiliency, passion, and teamwork.
- Perhaps nowhere does Molly use her negotiation skills better than at home, with three daughters who are 13 and 12 (yes, two are twins!). She lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband, Fred and the girls. “I love yoga, golf, tennis but my favorite thing of all is being with my girls and Fred.”
You won’t want to miss the inspirational Molly Fletcher at Leadercast 2017. I f you haven’t purchased tickets yet, now is a great time, with special early pricing still available!